Wednesday, December 23, 2009

News on The Summer of Pomba Gira

I've submitted everything to Xlibris now for The Summer of Pomba Gira. I decided to donate all author royalties from the sale of the book to two American Indian organizations. Someone inspired me by his example, so I decided that's what I want to do. It's nice to be inspired by someone. I got word back that I didn't win the Esquire short story contest, and will they be kicking themselves when I'm a famous author - LOL.

Seriously, though, I'd like to see where this goes. I've never self-published before, and technically, it's really print-on-demand. Also known as vanity publishing. I'm unapologetic about it, because it wasn't really about the vanity aspect for me, as much as it was seeing something through from start to finish and feeling good with the process. I gave some thoughts and a few half-hearted attempts, to secure a literary agent, but what I write isn't what necessarily sells. I recognize that and respect it, and actually like that about myself. I didn't write it to be popular or liked or make money off of it. I just wrote things that interested me, and came to know myself a little better through the process of resolution and completion. Only to start it all over again with the sequel I'm writing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment