Thursday, April 1, 2010

I Get Worked Up Over Nuthin'

I had this interesting day where I was on the verge of bursting into tears throughout much of it. It really only turned around for me when two of my FB friendies called me a doll, a strong woman, and told me to go get what I needed to and be my Dirt Barbie self. I don't think they had any idea of what a seriously crappy mood I was in, and just how much I needed them to remind me of just how ambitious, determined and strong I am!

Post mini-meltdown, when I'd calmed sufficiently, I realized that I get worked up over things that don't really matter. Back in the day before HD TV, there used to be times when you'd flip through channels and just get the grey, buzzing screen. Sometimes there would be a broadcasting problem, and the static screen would appear.

Much of what I get worked up over is like that - the background buzz to an otherwise good life. One of the things I need to consistently remind myself during this phase of my existence is that the "good life" isn't defined by something stable outside of myself, but must be defined by stable factors within myself. This is what my lovely FB ladies were reminding me.

Thanks, dearest ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment