Thursday, January 14, 2010

Clearly, They Fear Me...Censored No More...

An interesting thing happened on my way to the blog...

I was considering where else I might post about The Summer of Pomba Gira, in order to generate some interest. So I posted to the Facebook Just Fans portion of the New York Times, the Chicago Tribune, the Chicago Reader, CNN, Fox News, and that wasn't a problem at all. Then I went to the White House, because I know that our President and First Lady, being as stylish and as well read as they are, typify my readers. I thought, hey, why not?

So I post on the Just Fans part of their site, and nothing shows up. I do it again, still nothing. I felt that I was being virtually censored by the MAN, so I emailed the White House directly.

I probably wouldn't have cared too terribly, were it not for the fact that one time I posted something serious to the administration, got no response to that, but found myself on their mailing list for their press releases and promotion of the administration's agenda. I did not ask for this, but apparently, David Axelrod liked me. He hasn't friended me yet on Facebook, but given his propensity for sending me unsolicited emails, I expect someday he shall.

So I figured, you send me your press releases, it's my turn, Bud! But then, when I posted them, they disappeared. I checked from my account, where it said I'd posted, yet I could not see them when I went to the page. So I emailed the White House.

A few hours later, I was looking for something on Google related to my book, and discovered instead they'd posted my wall stuff to a links board. So it's possible they never truly meant to censor me. I will take this under consideration when I draw up my list for the Summer of Pomba Gira Party.

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried the Candian parliament or prime minister? You are supporting their economy in a way. What is a "just fans page"?
    I feel grossly out of touch....kinda like Maria...I need my Pomba Gira to guide me!

    ReplyDelete