Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Joke's On Me, Bewildered Author Announces

If you've read the blog entitled "Oh Canada..." you'll know I was poking a bit of fun at Xlibris' related to how long it takes to get your book to you, the loyal reader, and why.

So you can imagine my surprise when today I get the mail, and I have a package from, you guessed it...Canada. Complete with a customs packing slip. I was somewhat startled, and opened the package to discover, yep, my book. I'd ordered one as a paying customer in order to see how long it would take the average reader to receive a copy. I'd ordered it prior to the changes I made to the cover and interior, and it took 14 days, which is less than I imagined that it would. There it was, my order, from Canada.

I can only take this to mean that the Canadians have now taken over, having realized it's much simpler to ship a book through customs than to go through it themselves.

Meanwhile, in order to keep me on my toes, the Xlibris New Jersey folks who apparently survived the wrath of God sent me on the same day a review copy of the new issue of the book. The cover looks much better.

I am perplexed because the Xlibris site (presumably in Bloomington, IN) specifically says that they cannot do international orders on their website. I believe that they are experiencing some identity confusion, and I will be sure to give them the name of a good psychologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment